Recipe & Photo Credit: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/never-fail-scalloped-potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- 2. Place half of the potatoes in a 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; layer with 1/2 cup onion and half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Never-Fail Scalloped Potatoes in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p51
Recipe and Photo by: Southern Living
- 1/4 cup regular oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Vegetable cooking spray
How to Make It
Stir together oats, brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
Beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg substitute, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla.
Combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, ending with flour mixture. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle evenly with oat mixture.
Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden. Cool muffins in pans 5 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.