Serves about 4
- 4 orange bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach, defrosted
- About 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, onion and spinach mixture, salt, pepper and Parmesan to a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Meanwhile, de-seed the peppers and cut off the tops. Using a sharp, small paring knife, cut out eye, nose and mouth holes into the front of the peppers (to make the jack-o’-lanterns).
- Fill each pepper with about 1/2 cup of the quinoa mixture. Serve immediately.
Original recipe from SheKnows.