- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 pint fresh blueberries – rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Position rack in the middle of oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray the top of a muffin pan with non-stick coating, and line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1 1/4 cups sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix together 1 3/4 cup of the flour and baking powder. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Crush 1/4 of the blueberries, and stir into the batter. Mix the rest of the whole blueberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of the flour, and fold into the batter. Scoop into muffin cups. Sprinkle tops lightly with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, and tops spring back when lightly tapped.
Originally shared on AllRecipes.