Try this Key Lime Pie recipe from our friends at Epicurious.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings
- For crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs from 9 (2 1/4-inch by 4 3/4-inch) crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For filling
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh or bottled Key lime juice (if using bottled, preferably Manhattan brand)
- For topping
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy cream
- Make crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl with a fork until combined well, then press mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch (4-cup) glass pie plate.
- Bake crust in middle of oven 10 minutes and cool in pie plate on a rack. Leave oven on.
- Make filling and bake pie:
- Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until combined well. Add juice and whisk until combined well (mixture will thicken slightly).
- Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Cool pie completely on rack (filling will set as it cools), then chill, covered, at least 8 hours.
- Make topping:
- Just before serving, beat cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Serve pie topped with cream.