Relish catered BUZZFEED’s launch of BUZZFEED “life” last night at Location 05. Relish prepared some of the delicious recipes and specialty cocktails that have been featured in BUZZFEED. Try some of these recipes at home!
Bourbon-Spiked Double Cider Punch
4 cups apple cider
3 12-ounce bottles hard apple cider
2 12-ounce bottles ginger beer
2 cups seltzer
3 cups bourbon (1 750 ml bottle)
juice of 1 lemon
2 large apples, cored and sliced, for garnish
3 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Ice, to serve
In a large punch bowl, combine ciders, ginger beer, seltzer bourbon, and lemon juice. Stir with a ladle to combine, then garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Serve immediately in glasses with ice.
Recipe for Bacon-Sweet Potato Tots with Maple-Mustard Dip
Ingredients – serves 6 to 8 guests
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed, dried and pierced all around with a fork
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked until crisp, then chopped into small pieces
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Parchment paper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the pierced potatoes in a shallow, microwave-safe dish and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and allow the potatoes to cool.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a shallow dish along with the salt and paprika. Toss to mix and set aside.
- When the potatoes have cooled to the touch, peel them and use a box grater to shred them (use the largest holes).
- Spread out the shredded potatoes on a cutting board, and use a few paper towels to blot up some of the extra moisture (you may need to do this in a few batches).
- Add the shredded potato to a large mixing bowl. Add the chopped bacon, egg whites, thyme, and black pepper. Toss to mix.
- Place the lined baking sheets and the bowl with breadcrumbs near the bowl with the potato mixture.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out the mixture, one portion at a time. Use your hands to tightly squeeze the mixture together, then form it into the shape of a tot, or a 1-1/2-inch long log.
- Roll the tot in the breadcrumb mixture. You may want to reform the tot, pressing the breadcrumbs into the tot, and then roll it in the breadcrumbs a second time. Place the tots on the baking sheets, just so they are not touching.
- Continue this process until all the mixture is used.
- Generously spray the tops of the tots with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the tots, spray the other side with the nonstick cooking spray, and bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until golden.
- As the tots cook, mix the mustard and maple syrup together for the dipping sauce.
- Serve the tots hot with the sauce on the side.
Korean-Style Cocktail Meatballs with a Sweet and Spicy Gochujang Glaze
Serves 5 to 7
1 lb lean ground turkey
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2-3 dashes fish sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons rice flour (all purpose works fine)
1 egg white, lightly beaten
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup gochujang (spicy Korean chile paste)
2 tablespoons light corn syrup (or 2 1/2 tablespoons honey)
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
green onion, thinly sliced
toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place all turkey meatball ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together until completely blended. (make sure not to over mix)
3. Form 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoon sized cocktail meatballs with the turkey mixture and place onto a baking sheet, lined with parchment, about 1 inch apart.
4. Bake meatballs for 15 to 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
5. For the gochujang glaze: Place all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk together until fully combined.
6. Brush glaze onto meatballs and top with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with extra gochujang glaze on the side for dipping.