Happy Birthday Katie Lee! In honor of the Chef’s birthday, we’re sharing her recipe for Zucchini Chips with Tzatziki Sauce for the Food Network. Enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 medium zucchini
- Flaked sea salt, for sprinkling
- Tzatziki, recipe follows
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons seeded, diced cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Using a mandolin or carefully with a knife, slice the zucchini into 1/8-inch rounds. Add a handful of the zucchini rounds to the bowl with the egg and toss to coat. Remove, allowing the excess egg to drain off. Dredge in the flour, shaking off the excess. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining zucchini rounds.
Fry the breaded zucchini in batches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt while hot.
Serve with Tzatziki and lemon wedges.
In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, cucumbers, mint, red wine vinegar, salt and garlic. Refrigerate until ready to serve.