Martha Stewart shows us how to cook up some Savory French Toast with a touch of BLT!
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices crusty bread, cut 1 inch thick
- 4 lettuce leaves (romaine, Boston, or Bibb)
- 8 slices tomato
Preheat oven to 375. Place bacon on a rimmed baking sheet; cook until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile, in a large shallow dish, whisk together eggs, cream, and chives; season with salt and pepper. Lay bread in a single layer in egg mixture and soak 3 minutes on each side. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium. When butter sizzles, add bread and cook until golden and crisp around edges, about 3 minutes per side, flipping once.
To serve, layer lettuce, tomato, and bacon on each slice French toast and sprinkle with chives.