In the mood for a unique dessert? Try this Irish Stout Cake Waffle by Rachael Ray!
“The sweetness of chocolate with the slight bitterness of beer smells amazing. Top with your choice of Irish whiskey, Cream de Menthe or Baileys® Irish Cream.” – Rachael Ray
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 bottle dark Irish beer (12 ounces), such as Guinness, at room temperature
- Melted butter, for brushing
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 shot Irish whiskey, Cream de Menthe or Baileys® Irish Cream
Pre-heat the waffle maker to medium.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and beer until the batter is smooth and lump-free.
In a bowl with a hand mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add in the confectioners’ sugar, salt and the shot of liquor flavoring of your choice.
Brush the waffle maker with butter and scoop a quarter of the batter onto the waffle maker. Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until the waffle iron stops steaming. Remove and allow to cool. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Top the waffles with the whipped cream.