This vegan and wheat-free recipe from Food 52 is a delicious and healthy snack.
Serves enough for 4
- 2 large cans chickpeas
- 1cup Olive Oil
- 1tablespoon lemon zest, strips
- 1tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1sprig fresh thyme
- 1 coarse salt to taste
- 4pieces garlic, sliced
- Drain Chickpeas and set on paper towels over a colander to dry throughly (can be done 1 day in advance).
- Heat oil in large pan (preferably cast iron) to 355 or until oil makes bubbles around 1 chickpea.
- add lemon zest, thyme sprig, chickpeas in batches so pan doesn’t crowd fry about 5 minutes until crunchy color & changes.
- remove from oil, drain well over colander/sieve, add garlic, fry till golden.
- Toss with smoked paprika & salt, add more if necessary..serve warm.