Cooking Light shares this delicious and healthy recipe that’s perfect for summer!
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 1 avocado
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Combine oil and honey, stirring well. Brush oil mixture over pineapple. Place pineapple on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from grill; cool 5 minutes. Chop. Combine pineapple, onion, and next 6 ingredients (through serrano); toss gently.
- Peel, seed, and dice avocado. Add avocado to the pineapple mixture, and toss gently.