Southern Living shares their recipe for blueberry-cinnamon muffins. Delicious!
- 1/4 cup regular oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Stir together oats, brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg substitute, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, ending with flour mixture. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle evenly with oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden. Cool muffins in pans 5 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
*To prevent berries from bleeding, toss them in flour, and then gently fold them into batter