One of the easiest ways to prepare appetizers for guests in the summer is by making delicious dips. This Easy Red Pepper Dip by Martha Stewart offers a recipe for just that!
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 package whole-wheat pitas, 1 pita torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed, and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
In a medium skillet, simmer pomegranate juice over medium-high until thick, syrupy, and beginning to brown slightly around edges, 13 minutes (you should have about 2 tablespoons syrup).
Meanwhile, in a food processor, process torn pita until coarse crumbs form. Add walnuts, paprika, cumin, and cayenne and process until finely chopped. Add peppers, lemon juice, and syrup and process until mixture is a smooth paste. With machine running, slowly pour oil through feed tube and process until combined. Season with salt and serve with remaining pitas, toasted and cut into wedges.