Looking for something festive, easy, and unique for your fourth of July bash? Give these meringues a try & let us know how they came out!
What you’ll need:
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
What you’ll need to do:
- Line cookie sheet w/parchment or Reynolds non-stick foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites, salt and tartar until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until whites form stiff peaks. Fold in the vanilla.
- Spoon or pipe onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Place the cookies in the oven, shut the door and turn off the oven immediately.
- Let the cookies sit in the turned off oven for 5-6 hrs or overnight. Don’t open the oven door to peek!
Add festive fourth of July style pipe dots of red and blue frosting on top before serving! Enjoy!
Recipe & Picture from Kristi Murphy