Bored of the same old choices of BBQ sauces? Making sauces at home allows you to build unique flavors while customizing each batch. These recipes from The Yummy Life features three simple recipes for new BBQ sauces. After your first batch you will comfortable enough to experiment by adding your favorite flavors.
Base (Sweet & Tangy)
makes 2 cups
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar (or white distilled)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons multi spice dry rub mix
What you’ll need to do:
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan. Stir well.
- Over medium heat, bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 60 minutes.
- Stir occasionally as it cooks.
- Store in refrigerator. Keeps for several weeks.
Add 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke per 1 cup of sauce above.