Chunks of crab meat and sweet corn come together deliciously in this hot dip. Give this delicious crowd pleasing recipe a try this Memorial Day Weekend!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 ear yellow corn, kernels and milk removed from cob
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup mascarpone, softened
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack, grated
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you’ll need to do:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place crab in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pour oil into a small sauté pan and place over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add corn and continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir together.
Cook for 1 minute and season with salt and pepper.
Pour corn mixture over crab and add mascarpone, Monterey Jack, hot sauce, chives and 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs to the mixing bowl.
Gently fold ingredients together, until just combined. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a (1-1.25 quart) baking dish.
Place remaining panko and Parmesan into a small bowl and stir together. Sprinkle mixture evenly over dip and dot top with softened butter.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until baked though and golden brown. Serve hot.
Picture & recipe from HGTV.