Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with today’s Hot in the City cocktail!
What you’ll need:
For the homemade margarita mix:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water water
- 2 Tbsp sugar (or the equivalent in your favorite sweetener)
For the margarita
- Homemade margarita mix (above)
- 24 cherries
- 3 oz tequila
- 2 oz orange liqueur
- 2 oz blackberry liqueur (optional)
What you’ll need to do:
- Stir together sugar and water over medium heat, just until the sugar has completely dissolved and the mixture is clear. Stir in lime juice and pour into a blender. Pit cherries and place in the blender. Add tequila, orange liqueur, and blackberry liqueur, if using. Blend 15-20 seconds and pour through a fine sieve into a pitcher.
- Use a rubber spatula to work the mixture around, getting as much of the liquid out as possible.
- Pour the strained margarita over ice and serve immediately.
Enjoy & Happy Cinco de Mayo!