It is finally time to revisit your favorite summer cooking companion, the BBQ. Over the next month, Relish is sharing our favorite grilling recipes to impress your guests in the warm weather!
Grilled Shrimp & Sausage Skewers with Smokey Paprika Glaze
makes 6 skewers
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 tbls chopped fresh thyme
- 5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 tsp Sherry wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 12 uncooked extra-large shrimp (13 to 15 per pound), peeled, deveined
- 12t1-inch-long pieces andouille or other fully cooked smoked sausages (such as linguiça; about 16 ounces)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 2-layer sections of red onion wedges
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 6 long metal skewers
What you’ll need to do
Whisk oil, garlic, thyme, smoked paprika, Sherry wine vinegar, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper in medium bowl to blend for glaze. Transfer half of glaze to small bowl and reserve for serving.
Alternately thread shrimp, sausage pieces, cherry tomatoes, and sections of onion wedges on each of 6 long metal skewers. Arrange skewers on large rimmed baking sheet. DO AHEAD Can be made up to 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill skewers and bowls of glaze separately.
Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush skewers on both sides with glaze from 1 bowl. Grill until shrimp are opaque in center, turning and brushing occasionally with more glaze, 6 to 8 minutes.
Arrange skewers on platter. Serve with remaining bowl of glaze.
Recipe & picture from Bon Appetit, 2010