Relish wants you to embrace all of the great produce spring has to offer. Over the next few weeks, Relish is bringing you fresh, creative, and delicious recipes that highlight spring vegetable. Incorporate the great fruits and vegetables in season in your meals.
Late spring to early summer, bok choy will be at its freshest and most flavorful. Bok choy fat free, low calories, and packed with vitamin C, and vitamin K, calcium, and potassium.
This recipe, from Delish, would make a flavorful side dish at any meal. The best part of it all, this impressive dish only takes 15 minutes to prepare and cook!
Bok Choy with Garlic
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 pound(s) bok choy, stems cut into 1-inch lengths, leafy tops left about 4 inches long or baby bok choy left whole
- Freshly ground pepper
What you’ll need to do:
- In a bowl, whisk the stock with the cornstarch.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over high heat until fragrant, 20 seconds. Add the bok choy and stir-fry until the leaves start to wilt, 2 minutes. Add the stock and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, 30 seconds.
- Remove the bok choy from the heat, season with salt and pepper, and serve.