Recipe & Photo Credit: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/seafood-risotto-mario-batali
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots (chopped)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 6-7 cups Fish or Shrimp Stock
- 1 pound Rock Shrimp (cleaned)
- 1 pound Manila Clams (scrubbed clean)
- 1 pound Mussels (scrubbed clean and debearded)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 bunch Parsley (chopped to yield about 1/4 cup)
- In a heavy bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil. Add the Shallots and Carrot with a pinch of Salt and cook until fragrant. Add the Rice and toast until opaque, adding a little more Olive Oil if needed, about 2 minutes.
- Add the White Wine and bring to a boil, cooking until almost dry, and then begin to ladle in the Stock to just cover the Rice. Cook, stirring constantly, maintaining a level of Stock just above the rice, for 10 minutes.
- Add the Clams and continue cooking another 4 minutes. Add the Mussels, and cook until the open, about 3 minutes. Continue to cook until Rice is soft but still very al dente. Add the Shrimp, cook for just a minute, and then season with Salt and Pepper, remove from heat, and stir in the Parsley. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credit: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/green-papaya-salad-with-spicy-grilled-shrimp-recipe-1922776
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 fresh Thai bird chiles, minced with seeds
- 4 scallions, sliced 1/8-inch, white and green separated
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 4 cups green papaya julienne (2 papayas) peeled and seeded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
SPICY GRILLED SHRIMP:
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined, tail on
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, mix the juice, fish sauce and sugar. Whisk in the oil and season. Add the chiles, scallion whites and peanuts. Toss in the papaya and check for seasoning. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
SPICY GRILLED SHRIMP: Mix everything together and let marinate for 15 minutes. Season shrimp and place on a hot, oiled grill. Turn frequently and cook for about 8 minutes. PLATING Place a small mound of salad and top with 3 shrimp. Garnish with sliced scallion greens.
Recipe and photo credit: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/classic-belgian-waffles-3645623
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- non-stick cooking spray
Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. In 1 medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a second bowl use the wooden spoon to beat together the egg yolks and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and eggs have turned a pale yellow. Add the vanilla extract, melted butter, and milk to the eggs and whisk to combine. Combine the egg-milk mixture with the flour mixture and whisk just until blended. Do not over mix. In third bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Using the rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter. Do not overmix! Coat the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour enough batter in iron to just cover waffle grid. Close and cook as per manufacturer’s instructions until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Emeril Lagasse
Recipe and Photo credit: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20096/cheesy-ham-and-hash-brown-casserole/?prop24=hn_slide2_Cheesy-Ham-and-Hash-Brown-Casserole&evt19=1
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces cooked, diced ham
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix hash browns, ham, cream of potato soup, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese. Spread evenly into prepared dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly brown. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo Credit: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a19420/banana-pudding-parfaits-recipe-mslo0612/
- .67 c. sugar
- ¼ c. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2½ c. milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 bananas
- 12 shortbread or other vanilla-flavored cookies
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Have ready a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl. In a medium saucepan, off heat, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Very gradually (a few tablespoons at a time), whisk in milk, taking care to dissolve cornstarch; whisk in egg yolks.
- Whisking constantly, cook mixture over medium heat until the first large bubble forms and sputters. Reduce heat to low; whisking constantly, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Stir butter and vanilla into hot pudding. Let pudding cool slightly; meanwhile, slice bananas.
- In six 8-ounce glasses, alternately layer warm pudding with cookies and bananas, ending with pudding and covering bananas as completely as you can to prevent discoloration. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour, and covered with plastic wrap, up to 2 days.
- To serve, top with whipped cream and more crumbled cookies and sliced bananas.
Recipe and photo credit: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/03/the-kale-mary-kale-juice-tomato-celery-recipe.html
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) fresh tomato juice (from about 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes, see note)
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) fresh kale juice (from about 1/2 pound kale)
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) fresh celery juice (from 4 ribs celery)
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) juice from 2 lemons
- Dash hot sauce
- Garnish: celery rib
Mix horseradish and soy sauce in a glass. Add tomato juice and stir well until horseradish is well distributed. Add kale juice, celery juice, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Stir well. Serve with celery rib garnish, over ice if desired.